Optimize transportation of equipment
The health and environmental impact of transport can be reduced in various ways. Besides choosing cleaner vehicles, rental companies also organize the transport of their equipment more efficiently.
Suggested actions for rental companies
- Purchase energy-efficient vehicles that comply with emission standards.
- Be located close to customers to minimize transport distance.
- Pack modules efficiently when shipped and erected at the customer’s site.
- Introduce a maximum operating speed to improve fuel efficiency.
- Use GPS technology and hand-held computer devices to optimize the driving behaviour, routing, dispatch, and equipment loads.
- Retrofit vehicles with a Diesel Particulate Filter or other suitable pollution abatement devices to reduce emissions of particulate matter.
A-Plant fitted over 200 commercial vehicles with trackers that also monitor driver behaviour. Driver specific reports are generated to use as a tool to improve...
Kiloutou implemented the new Praxedo, optimization system. This allowed them to reduce their truck fleet by 25% while improving Kiloutou’s responsiveness and reliability...
Submit your best practices
Share your sustainable best practice with us. If your best practice is selected, you will appear in this brochure and will benefit automatically from an entry for the Sustainable Business Innovation Award in Rental, one of the 6 awards of the next European Rental Awards.
A-Plant fitted over 200 commercial vehicles with trackers that also monitor driver behaviour. Driver specific reports are generated to use as a tool to improve safety scores and maximize reduction in fuel usage and CO2 emissions. A-Plant reports various benefits of this new system: speeding infringements were reduced by 77%, fuel usage by 7% and idle time by 8%.
In 2013 Kiloutou computerized its entire logistics process and implemented Praxedo, a new optimization system. More than 500,000 equipment movement operations were digitalized, allowing drivers to receive their delivery tour on their smartphone or tablet. The same system enabled the driver to make the customer sign for delivery directly and send automatically pictures to prove equipment delivery and recovery. This digitalisation process enabled Kiloutou to reduce its truck fleet by 25% in 2015 whilst increasing productivity with 15%. At the same time, its responsiveness and reliability to customers improved.